Warren Buffett is undoubtedly the most famous and influential investor in modern history, so it’s no surprise that Berkshire Hathaway (NYSE:BRKb) Inc. (BRK.A), a holding company of which Buffett is chairman and CEO, is attracting widespread attention. However, Buffett’s investment model has long been transparent, simple, and consistent: He invests in large blue-chip companies with strong balance sheets and attractive valuations, often long-term, and has never been afraid to make significant new investments or divest long-standing assets. .
He and his team demonstrated this in early 2022 by betting big on Chevron Corp. (NYSE:CVX) and divested of Wells Fargo & Co (NYSE:WFC), shares Berkshire Hathaway has owned since 1989. Below is a list of the top 5 Berkshire Hathaway stocks as of March 31, 2022.
1. Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) is Berkshire’s largest holding, accounting for almost 41% of its stock portfolio. As of Q1 2022, they were valued at $159.1 billion. Berkshire Hathaway acquired this stake between 2016 and 2019 for less than $35 million.
2. Bank of America (NYSE:BAC) is Berkshire Hathaway’s second largest holding, valued at $42.6 billion or 10.9% of the portfolio as of Q1 2022. Berkshire Hathaway owns 12.5% of the bank’s outstanding shares. Buffett purchased 700 million of Berkshire Hathaway’s 1 billion Bank of America shares in 2017 for about $7.14 a share in exchange for warrants received by Berkshire Hathaway.
3. American Express (NYSE:AXP) is Berkshire Hathaway’s third holding company. The financial services provider’s stake is 7.3% of Buffett’s $28.6 billion portfolio, and 20.1% of American Express was in the first quarter of 2022. This stake dates back to 1994, when Buffett purchased shares in AmEx in exchange for warrants from investment in preferred stock, which returned a 64% return in 3 years.
4. Chevron Corp (NYSE:CVX) – Berkshire Hathaway’s stake in Chevron rose to $25.9 billion in the first quarter of 2022, making the oil giant the fourth largest holding. Chevron accounted for 6.6% of Berkshire Hathaway’s equity portfolio.
Buffett began buying Chevron stock in the third quarter of 2020, and Berkshire Hathaway reported a $4.5 billion stake at the end of 2021.
5. Coca-Cola (NYSE:KO) is one of Buffett’s favorite companies and makes his favorite drink. Berkshire Hathaway has a $24.8 billion stake in Coca-Cola, representing 6.4% of the portfolio. After Buffett began accumulating the position in 1988, he said he planned to hold it for a very “long time.”
— Yahoo materials were used in the preparation
Follow our news on social networks: Telegram, “In contact with” and “Odnoklassniki”.