The possibility of making a decision on the introduction of additional fees was discussed by representatives of the IT industry.
In Russia, they proposed to introduce a new “digital tax” – an addition to the “tax on Google”. The initiative was discussed during a meeting of representatives of the IT industry, in which Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Chernyshenko took part. Vedomosti writes about this.
Read Bloomchain through your favorite social networks: Telegram, VK, FB
- According to the participants in the meeting, foreign companies that analyze and use data on the behavior of Russians on the Internet in their work should be taxed.
- If a positive decision is made on the proposal, the regulators will need to amend the Tax Code, a number of federal laws and regulations.
- Such a measure, according to representatives of the initiative, will help support the development of the Russian IT industry.
- The decision on the proposal to introduce a new tax, according to media reports, can be made until mid-2021.
- The meeting participants also discussed the possibility of redistributing funds from the tax on the provision of services by foreign organizations in electronic form (“tax on Google”). Previously, regulators considered the initiative to cancel it.
By the way, not only foreign companies can make money on the data of Russians. For example, “Sberbank” intends to receive income through the geology of citizens, and Rostelecom – through the sale of access to biometrics of clients of financial institutions.