The new scheme involves the analysis of call data and information reconciliation through the databases of mobile operators.
One of the most common methods of phone fraud is when cybercriminals call bank customers from a spoofed number. The ministry believes that it is possible to resist such criminals if the call traffic is cleaned. RIA Novosti writes about this.
Read Bloomchain through your favorite social networks: Telegram, VK, FB
- The specialists of the Ministry of Digital Industry suggested that cellular operators use the already established information exchange line to determine the correctness of the number.
- If the system cannot identify the phone from which the call comes in, the network records the substitution of the number.
- According to the scheme presented by the department, operators will be able to cancel suspicious calls.
- The explanatory note of the Ministry of Digital Industry to the project states that such a model of work can be implemented by all cellular operators with standard inter-operator joints.
- Previously, many market participants, including the Bank of Russia, offered their own options for solving the problem of telephone fraud. Representatives of some organizations, for example, Sberbank, went further, announcing the victory over this type of cybercriminal activity. Despite this, according to the analysis, in 2020 one in two Russians faced fraud, including attempts to steal funds using phone number spoofing.
We will remind, earlier on the network there was information that scammers have learned to steal money from bank clients using a Telegram bot.